The Alnwick Poison Garden is pretty much what you’d think it is: a garden full of plants that can kill you (among many other things). Some of the plants are so dangerous that they have to be kept behind bars. [x]
Blind Date With a Banned Book: Malaprop’s Bookstore
My Sundays include procrastination and forgetting to eat or eating my whole fridge there is no inbetween
now that it’s over and no one cares anymore, here is a list of reasons why thanksgivikkah was actualfax the best thing to ever be
- divorcing hannukah and christmas, WHAT A GOOD (which really should always always be but i think somehow all the goyim get taught in kindergarten that hannukah is the jew christmas, what, what even is that)
- ~~actual historical event that has maybe never happened before and will probably never happen again according to sources (i believe there may still be hannukah celebrated 70000 years from now but probs not thanksgiving lbr)
- THE SHARKNADO OF HOLIDAYS
- omfg guys latkes»»»»»»»>mashed potatoes, TRULY THE SUPERIOR FORM OF POTATO CONSUMPTION, it was amazing to get them with turkey instead
- TWO HOLIDAYS I GIVE VERY FEW SHITS ABOUT COMING TOGETHER TO MAKE SOMETHING GREAT
- ok look americans make up a small fraction of the world and jews make up an even tinier fraction and people who care about funny calendar anomalies that can be mapped with algorithims… are actually probably most of that group but my point is
- THAT THERE ARE VERY FEW OF US FOR WHOM THIS WAS RELEVANT BUT GODDAMN WE CARED ENOUGH TO MAKE A MENURKEY.
- tis a gift to be simple tis a gift to be free tis a gift to ma’oz tzur yeshu’ati
- getting to transform holidays with super problematic histories without erasing said histories
- LITERALLY THE MOST CELEBRATION OF DIASPORA JUDAISM IN FULL RECOGNITION OF ITS DIASPORA-NESS THERE COULD EVER BE
- gut yontiff and thanksgiving sameach, i love everything
this just makes me super happy. hope everyone had wonderful holiday(s)!
remember that time i spent a significant portion of my brief sojourn on this earth making polyvore sets for genderswitched versions of the marauders
oh my lord, i’m such a creeper, i’m sorry, but reading a good blog in reverse is like the best kind of weird time travel! I only saw this by accident, I’m pretty firmly in spring of this year, with only brief trips to the present. Suuuuuuper determined to get to 2011 now though!
rosewater tongue, tympanic bone,
a poem more quiet than quietness,
a bronze song, something undone, salvia,
a crushed butterfly.
It is the blood on a light bulb, the seventh sadness,
a fluctuation that closes oceans and eyes.
The vermilion and solitary luminary
shimmies and singes the feathers of the aviary.
Moon, the clock’s word, dear mother, ruin, rain.
|—||Simone Muench, “Elegy for the Unsaid” (via letters-to-nobody)|
At the last movie night Friend Group was flipping through my stack of DVDs and asked ‘what’s this’ and I was HORRIFIED beyond words, like didn’t everyone see this movie? Weekly? For years? I tried to find words beyond ‘it makes you feel all the feelings,’ but I couldn’t say that it combines all the most emotional parts of ‘Little Women’ with all the beautiful historical inaccuracies of an animated film, and the back cover blurb was unreadable because it was a pirated version I bought for 1 JD, so in the end we just wound up watching Room with a View instead.
But seriously, EVERYONE HAS TO HAVE SEEN THIS MOVIE